Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I haven't gotten lost.  After a few weeks of being grounded by weather and by the Airbus 380 groundings by Qantas, I finally made it home last week.  I haven't posted because I have not had internet access until yesterday.  After Thanksgiving holidays I will post some pictures of the LC-130 flight out from Pole and of the twenty of us winterovers who made it out on that flight.

After that I will make some final observations about winter at the South Pole (from a back-home perspective) and post some pictures that did not make it during the winter,. Internet access was very poor at Pole and posting anything, much less pictures, was very difficult and time consuming.  I don't want to think how often I got up at 3 AM to post pictures using the "good" satellite.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Fern Emma said...

Glad to hear you finally made it to the "outside world".
I didn't realize how difficult it was for you to post pictures -- so thank you all the more appreciatively for the glimpses you gave us of the Pole's unique beauties.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! WHAT A TRIP. AND WE THINK IT'S COLD HERE?? SO GLAD YOU MADE IT HOME FOR THKSGV. IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOU AND MEET CRYSTAL. YOU HAVE HAD SOME AMAZING ADVENTURES. THKS FOR THE PICTURES.
AUNT MARGE & UNCLE BUD

J. Reaves said...

Thanks Marge and Bud but unfortunately I think you have the wrong blog. I don't know Crystal and as far as I know I don't have an Aunt Marge or an Uncle Bud! LOL! You sound like nice folks though and I hope you find your nephew!

Post a Comment